Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Official

11:38/Mile.

I'm prepared not to write anything else but just that, 11:38/Mile..



You see, there's a point that you reach in running when NOTHING can stop you from growing. People probably think that running gets boring after a while, but I'm here to tell you today that  it is a very personal experience that allows you to escape from the worries of your life and allows you to grow emotionally and physically.

I went from out of shape full figured woman to an energizer bunny! No really. I have so much energy, as you can see! I am running 4-5 times a week. I have to pick and choose which friends I want to run with during the week.

((clears throat))

Back to 11:38. What you all need to know is that this was my fastest run EVER. I got on that treadmill and ran 4 miles at a pace of 11:38. This run was so outstanding that Lance Armstrong said to me (via a recording) that this was my best run..and of course that I was beautiful and the prettiest runner he had ever seen in his entire life.

((flips hair))

I have a new view on life. I am a powerful being that has gotten rid of her fears. You guys, I can do anything that I put my mind to. Let me change this blog around...


Y O U can do anything (I don't care how big it is) you can do anything you want to do! Don't let anyone or anything limit your dreams. People around you will try and limit you, but it's up to you to accept it or not.

You're probably wondering who I am speaking to right now. I'm speaking to the overweight people that feel like they will be that same size for the rest of their lives. HELL NO. I'm telling you right now to break that mentality and change your life! It's up to you! I never never never thought I'd become a runner. I'm full figured, and of course, I carry 2 big objects with me everywhere I go (if you catch my drift). People would ask me if it hurt to run. I immediately would ignore the possible excuse.

You mean to tell me that I ran 4 miles at the pace of 11:38? Ha! If you would have told me that back in May when I got those running shoes, I would've bet my rent money against it! There was no way that I was going to run 4 straight miles.

And as the gospel song goes..."THE BEST IS YET TO COME!"

That's right. MY best is yet to come! So be prepared to keep reading this blog. Imagine us (you and I) in 6 months. This journey has not been boring at all. It has been quite interesting.

And as the blog is titled, if the shoe fits...you damn right the shoe fits! I was destined to become a runner! It was up to me to accept the blessing God had for me. Ask yourself, "am I walking in my destiny?" Once you accept your destiny, your life will forever be changed....

My body is changing, my friends are changing, and the way I treat life is changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment