Wednesday, November 17, 2010

m u s i c

Hey!!

So last night, I'm at the gym lifting weights. All of a sudden one of my jams comes on, and right in the middle of pumping iron I begin to smile in the mirror. My friends all look over at me and start to laugh! No but for real though! It was one of my jams, so I just had to move/dance to it for about 3 seconds (only 3 seconds so that I wouldn't be the crazy person at the gym known for dancing). And of course they have those ridiculously large mirrors with the weights, so I just had to seize the 3 seconds and get my cute dance on. LOL !!

Music does that to me. I cannot get enough of good music. I mean, shoot, music has gotten me through some tough miles, and has really allowed running to be enjoyable. It contributes to my meditation and level of thought. It provokes emotion.

The first thing I ask my fellow Nike+ runners is, "what's your power song?" That can tell you a lot about a person. For those that don't know, a power song is a song you chose that get's you PUMPED. Right as you're running and you begin to feel faint, you press a button on your iPod/iPhone and instantly your power song plays.

For those that don't know, my power song is M.I.A.'s "Bamboo Banga." I think I just looove the part when she says, "road runner, road runner...going a hundred miles per hour. with your radio on!" (I'm signing it right now)....

For those that are new to running or just need some new workout music, I have come up with a Winter 2010 workout mix for you! I will be coming out with a new mix every season.

1.Globtrottin by Green Dynasty
2. Runway Love REMIX by Kanye West
3. Too Freaky by Chris Brown
4. Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi
5. Million Dollar Girl by Trina
6. Find Your Love by Drake
7. Fancy by Drake
8. Day 'N' Nite (Crookers Remix) by Kid Cudi
9. Make Her Say by Kid Cudi
10. Announcement by Common


I'm working on creating an iMix for you guys so you can download it from iTunes,  but I'm havin some technical issues! Hopefully this list helps in the meantime!

KEEP GOING, DON'T STOP!!

Peace,

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment