Monday, December 20, 2010

got any plans?

As Christmas draws near, my mouth is just watering thinking about all the good food I will eat. Not to mention all the yummy cocktails that I will enjoy when celebrating the company of loved ones. It seems like around December 27th or so, you begin to feel guilty thinking about all the calories you consumed. In addition to this, you begin to reflect the person you've become in 2010.

As you prepare to step into 2011, I encourage you to take this time to build goals. I noted yesterday on Twitter that your goals do not have expiration dates on them. It is NOT too late to become successful. So what if you didn't lose the 40lbs that you wanted to in 2010. God promised you LIFE. So, show him how much you appreciate it and lose the 40lbs in 2011! It's NOT too late to become successful! I will say this, however, it is important to reflect and define your goals. If you don't have goals, you don't have a starting point or anything to aim at.

The tradition over the years has been that we choose 1 goal (New Year's Resolution) and stick with it for the year. Well. That's not the mentality you and I should be having in 2011. Why just limit yourself to 1 goal? I thought you and I were powerful beings. Why not 3 goals? Who knows, those 3 goals may be the ones that change your life.

I do believe that in my nakedness, I will be able to clothe someone else. In that, I will be open with you all along my journey. I will share with you my goals, and hopefully this will give you ideas for your goals.

My Main 3 Goals
1. Become a vegetarian
2. Run a half marathon 1.16.2010
3. Lose 40lbs

I'll be looking to you all for support and accountability.

Do what you gotta do to be successful. Look in that mirror and tell yourself exactly where you wanna be when the ball drops on 12.31.2011. Will you be the same old you? I hope not. You have 365 days to be a better you. Don't let life change you. YOU CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Check out this blog, hopefully it will get you motivated. You'll need the Nike Plus chip or wristband to join the challenge. Hopefully you and I can run against each other.



what are your goals for 2010? i'd love to read them! post them below!

p e a c e ,  t.
@pyt1920 (twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment