Saturday, December 11, 2010

i whip my hair !

the first thing that ladies think about when it comes to fitness is their hair. allow me to first say this, your health is more important than your hair. i personally put my health first, however i tend to sweat my hair out after every workout. this bothers me because appearance is important. i am constantly changing my hair styles becuase i get bored quickly. hopefully this post will provide some insight on great hair do's that will fit into your fitness routines.

for the past 6 months i have been rocking different kinky twists.
these past 6 months have been heaven because i didn't have to worry about maintenence after running! all i had to do was shampoo and get my braids re-done whenever needed.

before i was a serious runner, my hair do was the typical flat iron look.



well now, i'm transitioning to the world of natural hair and ready to take blend running and hairstyles.

here are the hair do's that i will be trying the couple of months:

1. straw set --- this hairstyle is great for those who are transitioning from relaxed to natural hair. i absolutely love the playfulness of the style and the fact that it lasts for a week!
picture from thirstyroots.com


 2. low cut -- this look may require a relaxer (if i decide to break down) but i really love short hair and would looove to wear something like this when i run.


3. straight up natural low cut --- this is what i wore in college when i first went natural. it was the easiest style i have worn to date and i really loved it!

ladies, what works for you? guys, what are your opinions? i'd be ineterested in seeing what my readers think!

p e a c e,

t.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!! You already know I'm a hair chameleon haha... I am currently wearing a short cut (have a relaxer) but I'm looking to wear braids for a while to allow my hair to grow. I'm going to try going natural again, but it's a journey and can be annoying because a lot of men don't support it or understand it/women as well. With that being said...it's a beautiful time and allows you to learn much about your inner/outer beauty and the same of others.

    I really love this blog, thank you for posting about your experiences. Love you. ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story!!! This definitely rings true for many of us :)

    ReplyDelete