Sunday, January 2, 2011

look ma! no meat!

happy new year to my readers!!

now, earlier i mentioned that 1 of my goals for 2011 was to give up meat and become a vegetarian. well, last thursday i gave up meat for 7 days...just to see how my new lifestyle would be. i must say, the 7 days was not difficult at all. i freakin rocked as a vegetarian, and i even inspired a few friends to jump on board with me. (wink)

i will say this, i began to feel a little sick on days 3 and 4, maybe because i wasn't taking in enough protein or amino acids...but i changed that quickly. i stepped my multi vitamin game up and chose carefully what i was going to eat. i noticed that within the 7 days, i dropped 3lbs. the amount of calories i consumed dropped ...which was awesome. i'm feeling less bloated, which allows me to wear clothes that were once uncomfortable for me. (uh...BONUS)

i incorporated more veggies and complex carbs to my diet and shook my head at the turkey, beef, pork, ect... i'm pretty proud of myself. becoming a vegetarian has allowed me to spend more time being creative in the kitchen and i love it.

everyone has been really supportive of my decision to become a vegetarian. one of my friends even bought me a vegetarian guide and cookbook. awesomeeeee. 

i'm not ready to become a vegan...i love dairy too much. sue me.

p e a c e,

t.

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany, I just wanted to tell you that I am so proud of you. You're my role model. As you already know , I recently became a vegetarian and what a difference! Not only did I get rid of of all meats, but I also gave up soda, coffee, white bread, white rice. Bascially, I got rid of the simple carbs. I feel so much better now. I'm no longer tired in the morning and my clothes are fitting me nicely. Whoop Whoop. I cant wait to see my transformation in the next 6 months..... New year, New body, New attitude.

    Thanks for all your support.

    ReplyDelete