Friday, January 21, 2011

running with boobs

a long time ago, i decided that running was not for me. there was no way you were going to see me dashing across city lines with these boobs. for starters, i didn't want to knock myself out. people agreed with me and simply told me to swim instead.

it's unbelievable how we limit ourselves just by our inability to be open minded. i cheated myself out of blessings that God had for me years ago...all because the Lord gave me a little bit more up top (wink).

well, not this year. not today. not ever. you and i will not allow our conditions or circumstances to get in the way of our beautiful future that is promised to us. (pun intended)

i received an awesome message via facebook the other day... "ok tiffany, you have the same problem as me; big boobs. what sports bra do you use?"

that message made my day. you guys, when i started running in may last year i made it a point to ignore the big boobs. i told myself that if i had to use duct tape just to run a 5k, then that's just what i had to do. shoot. i appreciate that message because it's a reminder to me that there are others like me that want to run, but have this minor issue.

quick points before i get crazy and start posting pictures and links...

1. FULL COVERAGE is key. this goes for daily life too ladies. if you're falling out of your bra, it doesn't fit.

2. There's a HUGE difference between your regular bra and a sports bra...no matter how big or small you are. You need to invest in a good sports bra. It will help improve your posture...and even your performance.

3. Wireless makes life convenient. Leave the wire bras at home when it comes to running.

4. You get what you pay for. Don't expect a $10 bra to help you run faster.


Ok, now that we got that taken care of...here's what Queen LaTiffany runs with:

Moving Comfort ($46) www.movingcomfort.com
Full coverage, so nothing poking out. Makes the bouncing go away, and the straps have cushion. I remember running a 5K once, and I literally had bruises on my shoulders. Look for straps with cushion and support. If you can't afford this, go to Macy's and find something similar to it.

Nike Pro Compression Tank ($30)
www.nike.com

This adds support, and reinforces the bra. In addition to this, it has Dri-FIT fabric to wick sweat away and help keep you dry and comfortable. I dare not run without my compression tank. Trust me, grab 3 or 4 of these. You may be able to get them cheaper at Sports Authority or any department store.

Ok, now, after those 2 things..it's totally up to you. You can just run in the bra and tank if you want. Depending on the weather, you may want to toss on a shirt. If you are grabbing a shirt, make sure it's light and breathable.

Ladies! I hope this helps!! I will be posting another blog about running apparel such as shorts, shirts, and socks SOON!


XOxoxXooOx,

Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I needed to read. I have this same blessing (I won't call it a problem because I am proud of them). Thanks for the info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear by Enell! OMG--it is the BEST sports bra ever and its made for women who are blessed abundantly! They are a little more expensive--costing about $65 but they are worth every penny! http://www.enell.com/products.php?productID=1

    ReplyDelete