Friday, August 27, 2010

It's like waxing your brows...

I couldn't resist yet another post. I just had to let you all in on my little secret!

If you're new to this running thing, there's something you must do for yourself. You have got to treat yourself to something new before you hit the trail! No really, I'm serious! It's like the first day of school, you get all new stuff...starting this running journey is just like that. No, as a matter of fact, it's like waxing your brows. Ladies, you know what I mean. When you wax your brows, you automatically feel prettier. Your self esteem goes up, and already you feel confidant. You may even feel like putting more time into doing your makeup. Guys, when your friend asks you if you wanna hit the club or a girl invites you to an event, the first thing you wanna do is get a fresh outfit....I'm just keepin it real.

Running is just like that. (well, for me at least..maybe it's just the queen in me)

Check out your local athletic store. For me, it's the Nike store at Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe. The first thing I got to motivate my new life of running was a new pair of shoes and the Nike + chip for my shoe & iPod.



 Ok, so this right here....is going to change your life. Get your iPod or iPhone and start your life long journey of running. This chip that you see on the left goes under the sole of your Nike+ running shoe. There is another chip that you connect to your iPod or iPhone.


Believe me, you won't be able to feel it when you run. Anyway, this cool tool (haha, that rhymed) will measure how many calories you've burned, your running distance, and performance goals while you're running. Tight, huh?! I remember one day I ended my run and all of a sudden this lady says to me, "congradulations, you beat your personal best!" It stores all your running history. And on top of that, you can create running music and a motivational song for when you're getting tired.  I think the best part is that as you're running, your personal trainer on the software tells you how far you have to go. For example, if I'm running 2mi one day, while I'm listening to JayZ the trainer will chime in and say, "1 mile down, you've reached the half way point."

Now, when I got home, I plugged my iPod into my computer and iTunes automatically sent my results to http://nikerunning.nike.com where I created a personal profile where I could compete with other runners across the world. On top of that, it gives you an option to automatically send your results to Twitter and Facebook so that your friends can watch you transform your life.

Oh, did I mention that this little gadget is only $19.99? Yep, don't sleep. Get on it!

http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/

I won't run without it...Oh yeah, let's run "together" Check me out at http://my.nike.com/vellumfive


p e a c e .

No comments:

Post a Comment