Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Challenge !

This morning, my legs hurt! What a good way to start off today's post. My legs hurt guys!! But I'll tell you one thing, I hit the pavement hard last night, even though it was my day off.

Last night, 2 of my friends decided to run with me. This was awesome because we were able to spend some time together and really encourage each other to succeed. So anyway,  another friend of mine who happened to be out of town challenged us to a 2mi run in under 23minutes. In my group, I was the only consistent runner, but we were pretty excited to beat this goal.

((shout out to nike+ for making long distance competitions amongst friends possible))



In the end, our Nike+ friend beat us, but we finished off the race as WINNERS. We had tons of energy after the race was over and were extremely happy that we finished together. There's nothing better than the feeling of accomplishment. There is no excuse for why we didn't beat our Nike+ friend, but in regards to yesterday's post, tomorrow is a new day!


So today, I will be hitting the track hard for my first 4mi run. Yep, I'm gonna do it. I'm not even thinking negative thoughts...I'm going to complete this run with a smile on my face, and proudly submit my run to Nike+.


This post is for me. It's for you. Hell, it may even be for the person that's not even a runner, who just may need a push in their life. You need to start challenging yourself. I know it's uncomfortable, but that's what life is. It's about continual growth.

Stop being comfortable with your daily run. Start challenging yourself. Instead of just running 1mi or 2mi consistently, go ahead and run 4mi. I gotta tell ya, 4mi seems overwhelming right now to me, but I came this far, and I can't wait to show you all who I am in a year.

p e a c e ,

queen la tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment