Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm a hurtin' unit.

Hey Road Runners,

I have been hitting the pavements hard these past few weeks. Yesterday after work, I ran errands, met a friend for dinner, and decided to go to a lounge to celebrate a friend's birthday. Well before going out, I told myself that I had to get in at least 2mi. I hit the road, ran 2mi, loaded it up to Nike Running and hit the shower. Wow! I was so proud of myself.

Well, this morning I woke up, and could barely walk. My knees and legs are sooo sore. I'm not sure what to do. It seems to be getting worse. I played sports throughout high school and college and I've never been this sore. I'm a bit worried because I am preparing for my first 5K, half marathon, and also I have this 210mi goal to complete. I CANNOT fail these important goals.



Although it's painful, I don't have the interest to quit or give up. I need to be smart though...I need to be careful about really injuring myself and never being able to run again. I'll go see a Sports Medicine Doctor and see what they can do for me.

But other than my knees, I feel great! I have tons more energy and I'm a lot happier. Can you suggest any remedies or suggestions that may help solve this issue? If so, you could be a real lifesaver!

Enjoy your Friday friends. I look forward to blogging about an amazing run I had this weekend very soon.

p a c e (peace in Italian),

tiffany

2 comments:

  1. Just take a shot when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, a shot is the last thing i want after a 2mi run. i want water and my bed, LOL.

    ReplyDelete