Tuesday, October 19, 2010

selah.

Hey Road Runners,

I'm back from Fall Break, did you miss me? Well boy have I got some news for you!! Allow me to start by just saying this. I am humbled by this entire process of becoming a runner. I literally have tears in my eyes as I sit and type to you all. I am blessed to be able to take on a journey such as this, and I thank God daily for life...I truly believe that it has been His will for me to become to a runner, and here I am walking in His will.

This week, I have learned that anything is possible. I am limitless in my efforts and cannot be stopped. Bob Proctor once said, "If you see it in your mind, you're going to hold it in your hand."

My goal was to run 10 mi on Thursday.

I have been conditioning and weight lifting to become a stronger runner. I have realized that I am an athlete and must train like one. Even though all I want to do is run, stretching and lifting weights is a must if I want to pick my pace up and make running easier. If I build stronger muscle, then it will be easier to run a half marathon because it wouldn't take so much energy.


It was 9am on Thursday morning. I woke up, had breakfast and laced up my Nikes for my first long run. The longest run that I had ever gone on was 4mi...this was the moment of truth. I walked in the gym, stretched and hit it hard. I started signing, "I'm on a pursuit of happiness..." by Kid Cudi. You guys, by mile 7 I had tears forming in my eyes. I thought to myself that even if I quit, I would still be a winner because it was still my longest run.

I didn't give up.

By mile 8.5, one of the gym employees came up to me and said, "girl, where are you running to?" I laughed and informed him that I was training for the PF Changs half marathon in January. He smiled and said that he would be there to support me. How awesome is that? I was humbled by this.

Small note..I out ran that treadmill. It cut off at the 8th mile. Haha. I won! I had to restart it so I could hit 10 miles. Boy am I a beast.

By mile 9.2 my phone rang and my biggest supporter called asking me if I was done yet. I quickly hung up and continued my run. My Nike+ applicator congratulated me on finishing my 10 mile run...and then Lance Armstrong congratulated me on my best mile and longest run.

I looked out the gym window to the parking lot to avoid being embarrassed as the tears of joy rolled down my face. I did it. I finally pushed myself to the limit. I did something that others thought I could not do. I couldn't stop crying, thank God I had a sweat towel to use as a tissue.

I finally got it together, and walked towards the door. The gym employee gave me a high five as I walked out the gym.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

I was on a runner's high for real. I was floating in my mind and couldn't really express how I felt to my friends who wanted to know how it was. All I could say is, "I'm so thankful. I did it."

This blog is named SELAH for a reason. The Amplified Bible states Selah as "pause, and think of that". Basically, I sat after my run, and meditated and thought about what just happened. This running thing is real...

How many times have you sat and thought about all the awesome things you have done for yourself? I promise that when you do it, you will begin to repeat the behavior because you are acknowledging the fact that you are doing something positive in your life.

Peace,

Super Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment