Monday, February 14, 2011

happily ever after

with today being valentine's day, i've had the opportunity to stop and reflect on all the love that consumes me. i am in love, deep love with myself. i mean, i don't need a day on the calendar to do this, i do it daily, but really today is a day that i set aside to really reflect on the love that i have inside and around me.



running is a big part of this.

we all know from our dear mother that, "you have to love yourself in order to be loved." today i asked my student if she was enjoying valentine's day. she replied, "no, i hate this day." i simply told her that this was a day that she could take to love on herself.

there are so many different types of love! for me, today i'm celebrating agape love. it is a type of love that is not limited to being held hostage by its environment and someone's perception. agape love is based upon the commitment of a decision. it entails the decision to proactively seek someone's well-being.

you and i must both love ourselves so much that we want to take care of our bodies. years have gone by, where i have been insecure about my health. instead of being insecure,so with those running shoes i made the decision to start showing love toward myself with every stride across the pavement. i am too beautiful to be unhealthy. i love myself too much to let my health go down south. more importantly, i love God too much to waste His greatest gift, LIFE.


take this blog to heart (literally), find something cute to buy at the nike or running store, and get out there and hit the pavement. go on. do it.




happy valentines bloggie. love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment