Monday, February 14, 2011

Hood to Coast

the time was 720pm. i rolled into the movie theater, solo dolo style. yep, that's right. i had the guts to go to the movies by myself. i had to get my fix. the wisdom of running fix. i had to see exactly how a 197 mile relay race looked and felt.


i found my seat and quickly noticed that i was the only one in jeans. everyone else was in either running gear or lounge wear. awesome! quickly i told myself, "welcome to the movie theater of running." this was awesome! i was in the midst of people who shared the same passion as i do! where were my business cards?! (www.laceupcrew.com) LOL.


i got comfortable watching previews, and one after another, race promos popped up on the screen. "yep, i'm going to portland this spring, and i'm running!" i was over joyed that the nike store blasted the info on facebook so i could catch the encore showing in phoenix! moreover, i'm so proud of myself for buying a ticket and going even though others around me weren't so interested. this is called growth. expanding my horizons. challenging myself to learn something new. (these were the thoughts in my head)


this documentary follows different running crews that set out to embark upon a 197mi long journey, starting at mt. hood, ending at the beautiful coast of portland. each running crew has their unique story to share, and in the end, you as the viewer connect with all of them.



i cannot ruin it for you, and tell you the story...but i must say that you have to see it when it comes out on dvd. i walked out of that theater motivated, inspired, and humbled. this movie was thought provoking and emotional. it challenged my love and passion for running. it is still out in theaters in select cities, click here for more info.

Hood to Coast Trailer

peace,

t.

No comments:

Post a Comment