Monday, April 25, 2011

Power Food

I've discovered something new, and I've got to share it! I rarely post recipes, but I found a great one over the weekend and instantly fell in L O V E !

Some people tend to go running in the morning, or even right after work. Well, I'm a night runner. I get home from work, clean, cook dinner, relax, and then hit the pavement at about 9pm. The problem I ran into was feeling super full after eating dinner even at 7pm.

The recipe I am going to share with you is that of a POWER FOOD. Rich in vitamins and nutrients, light on carbs and sugars which will give you power to beast on your runs without leaving you so full that you can't move off the couch.

Calabasitas (Courtesy of Lorena's Mom all the way in Oaxaca,Mexico)

6 diced zucchinis
3oz diced green chillies
1 diced onion
handful of cilantro
3 garlic cloves
1 can of roasted tomatoes (roasted is KEY)
1 bag of frozen corn

garnishing
avocado
sour cream
shredded cheese

directions
in a pot, add onions and garlic along with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. let simmer until golden.
add other vegetables along with can(s) of roasted tomatoes.
add salt and pepper for flavor
cover and let simmer for 10 minutes

this recipe pairs well with lean protein. grilled chicken, fish, or even shrimp.

great runners need great food. try something new.

peace,

t.
phoenix@laceupcrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment