Monday, August 30, 2010

grub.

Hey Runners!

Happy Monday, I hope your week is off to a great start! I woke up pretty sore this morning, but I gotta stay focused, I plan on running as soon as I get home this afternoon. My goal is to really hit it hard! People have been hitting me up left and right asking if I would run with them! How awesome!!

I wanted to post something on eating before running. For some of us, we like to run early in the morning and get it out of the way. Good plan, and keep it going. Yesterday (Sunday) I woke up and ran at about 9am. I want to provide you all with some eating tips before running.

First, we all know that nutrition and fitness go hand in hand when creating a healthy living style. You'll be roadkill if you decide to run a mile with garbage in your stomach.

Q u i c k   T i p s

-Before your run, you shouldn't be full and you shouldn't be starving. Your body needs energry to perform!
-Avoid fatty foods, such as cheese, bacon, ect. They will sit in your stomach and make you feel uncomfortable.
-Avoid caffeine...after running your stomach won't be happy.
-Eat 45 minutes before running to avoid cramps.

Some of my faves


-Toast with peanut butter!
-Small bowl of cereal
-Nutritional Bar
-Almonds
-Egg whites

I have to take this time to share my favorite nutiritional bar with the ladies::

It's the Luna bar! You can find them at your local grocery store, sometimes on sale for $1. They have so much nutirion in them, I eat one before my run and feel satisfied. The other cute thing about this bar is that they have inspriational quotes on the back...which I love. Oh..did I mention they are filled with FIBER? Hehe. I think you know what that means.

It's important not to put crap into your bodies. Seriously. You need your body to perform well when you're running. Treat your body well with nutrition and it will excel when training.

That's all folks. Talk to ya'll soon! XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment