Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Road Runner...

Hey Team Runners!

I hope your day is off to a great start. I just had to check in with you all let tell you about my AWESOME run yesterday! I got in about 2.1 miles, and I was really proud of myself...not because of the length, but because of how I felt when I was done.

As I was running, I saw my reflection in a store window. I thought to myself, "Go girl!" I mean, I was actually running, handling my  business on the road. Immediately, M.I.A.'s Road Runner song came on and I began to sing along..."Road runner, road runner...goin' hundred miles an hour. With yo radio onnnnn!"

Yep. That's right. Call me Ms.Road Runner.

 (Las Cruces, NM. Road Runner)

I continued my run, enjoying the beautiful AZ weather, there was water, greenery, people all around me. I just had the biggest smile ever on my face. Here I am running 2 miles after a long day of work, and I feel great. Thank you God for the life you give me daily. It's only right that I appreciate and cherish it.

I kept running, and as I reached the 1.5 mi point, I began to get tired and think to myself, "I can't do this...maybe I should just cut the route short and get home to these papers that are due." Then as I hit one of the street corners, I saw another runner. Then another runner. It was my reminder that there are others out there just like me that are challenging themselves. Of course the cornball disease came over me and I gave a thumbs up to a fellow runner. He smiled and shook his head. I even noticed that his nod wasn't the normal, "I got this" nod, it was more so, "I'm dying over here, and thanks for the encouragement."

Runners United.


I finally made it home. As I ended my run, Lance Armstrong congratulated me on a great run. Not gonna lie...it made me feel really awesome! Although it was only a recording from my Nike+ monitor, I did something great during my run. I beat my personal best.


Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement. You guys are awesome. I look forward to hearing your stories about running and fitness. Tonight, I'm going on a run with one of my readers, and I am really excited!


p e a c e .

No comments:

Post a Comment