Thursday, September 23, 2010

growth

I will never forget the way I felt when I stepped off that treadmill yesterday. Allow me to re-introduce myself....I am now a RUNNER.

The time was 9:07pm. I looked down at the Nike+ on my iPhone and noticed that the time said 38:08 with a pace of 12:15. That's right, I ran a 5K (3.1 miles) at about 12 minutes per mile. This is a great accomplishment for me, and I am so proud of myself for pushing my way from the average 13:10min/mile pace to 12:15. WOW!


I was huffing and puffing with sweat rolling down my pretty little face. This queen gave that treadmill a run for its money! I instantly thought about the journey that I took to get to where I was at 9:07pm 9/22/2010. I began to have flash backs of the old Tiffany, you know...the I Hate Running Tiffany. I tried to keep my composure as I walked past the current treadmill runners and Planet Fitness staff....but I had an itch inside of me.I'll never forget the feeling of ACCOMPLISHMENT.

This wasn't just any old accomplishment. I shaved almost 1 minute off of my average pace! I had that kind of itch that made me want to do a cartwheel right there in the gym parking lot. You guys should've seen me. I had a grin on my face from ear to ear.

Now there are runners out there that would probably laugh at my 38:08 5K run. But F them. It's about reaching MY level...not theirs. For anyone that has been reading my blog and may feel intimidated by the term "pace," know this...running is a process. You don't go from 0 to 10 over night. The art of running takes the power of discipline. Take your journey of running one day at a time.


After leaving the gym, I called a running guru friend of mine and he congratulated me on such a great run. I'd like to take this time to personally thank any and everyone that has ever pushed me to go to the next level. Although running is a personal task, you all must realize how much motivation I get from my friends and family. When I am running, you all are right there with me...in my heart, of course. Come January, you all will be with  me when I am running my first half marathon.

Cheers to moving to the next level. Cheers to the sore legs in the morning. Cheers to the bragging rights.

xOxXXOoXOoX,

Tiffany

8 comments:

  1. Girl You Got It Goin On !
    Niceeeeeeeeee B L O G :)
    Keep Up The Good Workkkk.

    -Salina Rani Luna <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 snoopy ^-^ cool blog Miss Harris! keep it upp! ((:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, i love your picture! It's cuteeeee(:
    Lol . . geeez i wish i had a passion too run
    like you do. only way i will run is up &Down a basketball court haha i love that. but not running for nothing, lmaooo. good blog thoo:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job! Keep running... "Everyone who has run knows that its most important value is in removing tension and allowing a release from whatever other cares the day may bring." ~Jimmy Carter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I THINK IT'S AWESOME HOW YOU HAVE KEPT ON RUNNING. I WOULD HAVE GIVEN UP AFTER THE FIRST DAY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. I KNOW YOU WILL RACH YOUR GOAL. BY THE WAY LOVE THE OICTURES. THEY FIT WITH WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DONT got the key to the boat
    i DONT got the key to the jet
    BUT
    I GOT THE KEY TO SUCCESS
    WORK HARD FOR SUCCESS

    Young LOYALTY =]]

    ReplyDelete