Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My First 5K Run !

Hey Road Runners !!

After last night's amazing run with one of my blog readers, I decided to challenge myself and sign up for my first 5K run in Phoenix. Yep, that's right. I'm holding myself accountable for not only beating my 210 mi run before 2010, but I'm also pushing myself to run against other people in the community for a great cause.

If you're in Phoenix, come join me! We have 32 days to prepare together on Nike Running's website. The race is only $30, and all proceeds to go the AIDS network. Sunday, October 3rd, 2010 @ 7am at the Cesar Chavez Park. For more info, visit http://www.aidswalkphoenix.org/.



I'm freaking out a bit because my time will be recorded and I'll be running against people who have been runners for years, but at the same time I'm really excited and celebrating the fact that I am going to run my first 5K in Phoenix! Who do I think I am?

Taking it a step forward, it's time to take what I love doing and apply it to a great cause. For those who don't know, infection rates are on the rise, and our communities of color, especially the African American community, have experienced alarming increases in the number of people testing positive for HIV.


So with that being said, it's time for me to step up and contribute to my community. Keep you all updated with pictures from training and from the race.


p e a c e

No comments:

Post a Comment