Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sore and Celebrating

Hey Bloggies!

I hope everyone's day is off to a great start. Let me just say that I am so happy that today is Thursday! I have got some news to share with you...I ran my first 5K solo dolo style last night, and I am so proud of myself! It was my day off and I still went in and ran 3.1mi last night. I felt amazing when I finished my run, although I finished in 40minutes...no bueno. I need to shave that down to 30 minutes at the least.

This morning I woke up sore, as usual, but I have to say, I have lost 10lbs since I've started blogging! Words cannot express how good it felt wearing my favorite black slacks today. The best thing about this all, is that I don't feel like I'm dieting or even trying to lose weight! I'm really just walking into my calling as a RUNNER!


For breakfast I eat yogurt and granola (total under 200 calories), for lunch a nice salad with chicken, and for dinner after my work out I only eat protein, no carbs after 5pm for me. I usually on average run off about 400-750 calories. You guys, the weight is just falling off of me. WOW.

Now don't get me wrong, I am a foodie. I can eat whatever and love the hell out of it. But with me being a runner, I am very conscious about what I put into my body because I need it to perform well when I'm training. I don't want to put junk in my body because when I run a 5K I will seriously want to kill myself and quit right in the middle of the run.

Anyway, although I am sore as hell I am celebrating! Yes, I'm celebrating for 2 reasons, first because I earned all the pain I feel right now. If you go to the gym and walk away feeling like you never went, this is an issue. Secondly, I am celebrating because of the 10lbs that I lost all due to my passion for running.

Not trying to sound weird, but I don't even feel like I'm training for a half marathon, or even dieting. I truly feel like I am  becoming a runner and this to me feels great. I challenge you to make changes in your diet if you're just throwing food down your face. Key word:: CHALLENGE. I challenge you to make fitness a part of your daily routine, make it fun...make it something that you look forward to doing.

Talk Soon!

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment